"Most driving decisions are based on visibility, so a clear view is critical," said Chris Vermette, car care expert. "A smeared windshield is dangerous. Anything that impedes a driver's vision jeopardizes the safety of the driver, the passengers and other motorists and pedestrians."
Vermette recommends that vehicle owners who live in cold climates consider switching to a winter wiper blade, but should check their vehicle's owner's manual for specific recommendations.
"The combination of salt, ice and sleet can reduce a driver's ability to see other vehicles or objects on the road," Vermette said. "The ACDelco Winter Blade uses a cover to prevent ice from forming on the sub structure."
In addition to replacing worn wiper blades, a fall maintenance checkup may include:
• Changing oil and replacing the oil filter
• Inspecting or replacing the air and cabin filters
• Checking and topping off all fluids
• Inspecting the heating system
• Checking belts and hoses for splits, cracks and bulges, replacing if necessary
• Flushing and refilling the radiator
• Inspecting the brake system
• Aligning and balancing wheels
• Rotating the tires, checking the tire pressure and inspecting the treads for wear
• Inspecting the exhaust system
• Inspecting the battery and cables
• Examining lights to make sure they work and that headlights are aimed properly.
ACDelco markets premium parts for Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, Nissan, Honda, GM and practically every other vehicle on the road today. To find an ACDelco parts retailer or certified technician, log on to acdelco.com or call 1-800-ACDelco.