Polaris, a leading manufacturer of ATVs, offers the following tips to get your vehicle in top shape before hitting the trails:
* Be sure to do a "walk-around" of your unit, checking air filter, coolant level, battery, tire pressure, operation of lights, tire pressure and operation of throttle and brakes. Also, check and drain fuel.
* Clean the vehicle and inspect for damage. Be sure fasteners are tight.
* After any storage period an ATV should have a complete tuneup. Call your local dealer early to beat the spring rush.
* To prevent damage to springs and blown seals caused by mud, dirt and trail debris, install shock covers. If already installed, check to make sure they are still offering full protection. If they are not, replace them.
* Don't forget to check your protective gear - helmet, eye gear, boots, gloves and apparel- to ensure it will offer ultimate protection.
For more information on ATVs, visit www.polarisindustries .com.