* Never remove the spare tire from your car to make space for other luggage; make sure it’s inflated and that there’s also a jack and lug wrench.
* Carry jumper cables or self-enclosed battery jumper in case of a battery failure.
* Make sure the tires have adequate treads; a simple test to check the tire tread depth is to insert a penny into the tread of the tire. If the top of Lincoln’s head sticks out, your tires are starting to show signs of wear and should be replaced.
* Check the car’s lights to make sure they are working and angled properly.
* Make sure the wiper blades aren’t causing streaks on the windshield, which could make it more difficult to see on the road. Wiper blades should be changed every six months.
* Be cognizant of fluid puddles or stains under your vehicle, as fluid leakage can lead to major automobile problems.
* Change the oil every three months or 3,000 miles to ensure peak efficiency.
* Check the automobile’s hoses and belts for wear and tear.
While out on the road this summer, don’t forget to wear a seatbelt, adhere to traffic laws and be alert of ever-changing driving conditions.
For more of Duracell’s safe driving tips, log on to www.duracell.com.
Courtesy of ARA Content