To help consumers choose a repair shop that fits their needs, ASE offers the following checklist advice:
- Look for a neat, well-organized facility, with vehicles in the parking lot equal in value to your own and modern equipment in the service bays.
- Look for a courteous staff, with a service consultant willing to answer all of your questions.
- Look for policies regarding estimated repair costs, diagnostic fees, guarantees and acceptable methods of payment.
- Ask if the repair facility specializes or if it usually handles your type of repair work.
- Look for signs of professionalism in the customer service area such as civic, community or customer service awards.
- Look for evidence of qualified technicians: trade school diplomas, certificates of advanced course work and certification by ASE.
- Look for the ASE sign or logo; it means the shop employs nationally certified technicians.
For more information and seasonal car care advice, visit www.ase.com.