Canady recommends 5 Star Shine, a polish that uses PTFE (the same substance that makes nonstick cookware so slippery) and durable acrylic elements to create a chemical fusion that seals paint from the elements. The bond is strong enough to hold up to hundreds of washings and only needs to be applied once every three years for a used car, and once every five years for a new one.
Protecting your car’s finish isn’t the only thing you need to worry about in the summertime. Here are some other car care tips to keep in mind, especially before heading on a long road trip:
* Cooling System. If you haven't had the cooling system of your car flushed recently, do it now. This will help prevent your car from overheating.
* Check your belts and hoses for cracking and have them replaced if necessary.
* Check your filters and replace them if necessary.
* Check that your radiator pressure cap is in good condition.
* Change your oil frequently.
* Make sure your car's air conditioning system is in tip top shape. You don't want to find out in mid July, when it's 90 degrees in the shade that the air conditioning isn't working.
* Inspect your tires. Make sure that your tires are wearing evenly and that they do not need to be replaced.
For more information about 5 Star Shine, call toll free (866) 395-7827 or visit www.5starshine.com.
Courtesy of ARA Content