• Consolidate your daily trips and errands.
• Avoid excessive engine idling. Shut off your vehicle while waiting for friends and family.
• Observe speed limits. Speeding decreases your miles per gallon.
• Drive gently. Sudden accelerations guzzle gas. Anticipate traffic patterns ahead and adjust your speed gradually.
• Remove clutter and unused items. Less weight means better mileage.
• Keep your engine operating at its peak efficiency. A misfiring spark plug or clogged filters cut into gas mileage.
• Follow the service schedules listed in your owner's manual and have the work performed by qualified technicians.
The National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence was founded to improve the quality of automotive service and repair through the voluntary testing and certification of automotive technicians.
ASE-certified technicians wear blue and white ASE insignia and carry credentials listing their area(s) of certification. Their employers often display the blue and white ASE sign. Visit www.ase.com for seasonal car care tips and more.