3. Fun For All Ages: Pack a special travel bag full of favourite items such as games, plush toys, activity booklets, CDs and electronics. These items will help time fly by and keep kids entertained for hours.
4. Snack Attack: Be sure to pack an assortment of snacks to keep the kids from getting hungry between meals. Make the car ride memorable with special treats that they don't usually get at home.
5. Say Cheese! Don't forget to pack a disposable or digital camera for the kids. Let them help create memories by taking plenty of pictures - you'll return from a great trip with pictures that captured the moments.
6. Schedule Stops Along The Way: Make the road trip exciting and take advantage of sights along the way. Plan routine breaks so that the whole family can burn off some energy. Before you leave check out the 'route planner' on www.daysinn.ca for great route ideas.
7. Avoid Disappointment: Remember to book entertainment, family attractions and outdoor adventures well in advance. Summer time is a busy time, but with a little advanced planning you can avoid unexpected hassles.
8. Comfort Counts: Long hours on the road can get the kids feeling restless. Don't over pack the car with too many bags and make sure they have enough room for personal space. Save room for the kids to pack a pillow - it makes all the difference during a long car ride.
9. Safety First: No matter what the distance, make sure all passengers buckle up. If you are travelling with smaller kids, ensure they are secured with seat belts and child safety seats.
10. Be Prepared For The Road Ahead: Always carry an emergency kit and keep it stocked with the basics like first-aid supplies, extra water, blankets, flares and a flashlight.
More information is available at www.daysinn.ca or 1 800 DAYS INN.