• Flashlight-In case problems arise after dark, make sure to have a flashlight with fresh batteries.
• Jumper Cables-Whether it's your battery or a fellow driv-er's, when it needs a jolt of energy, it pays to have jumper cables in the trunk.
Husky offers a Portable AC/DC Power System available for less than $90 at The Home Depot. It can jump-start your car or truck, run any 120v or 12v product (think TVs, cell phones and car vacs) and it can inflate tires.
• Tire Pressure Gauge-Properly inflated tires help increase rider comfort and save fuel. Keep a tire pressure gauge on hand for a quick check at any time.
• Spare Tire and Jack-Tires go flat in the worst of times, so before you go anywhere make sure you've got a working jack and the spare tire is fully inflated.
• 1-Gallon Gas Can and Siphon Hose-Forgot to fill up the tank? A gas can and siphon hose ensure that you can load up enough gas to get to the nearest gas station.
• Hand Tools-Whether you're a mechanic or not, keeping some hand tools in your trunk can help out in a pinch. Try Husky's 30-piece Ratchet and Socket Set for $24.99.
• Blanket or Towel-In case you get stuck waiting for help, keep a blanket in your car to keep warm.
You can also throw a towel on the ground when changing a flat, avoiding damage to your pants and shoes.
For more information on products to stock your car with, visit www.homedepot.com.