Lund offers the following advice for choosing the right tonneau for you:
* Do you haul a lot of tall loads, like appliances and furniture? Consider a tonneau that allows you to use the full length of the truck bed, and one that doesn’t limit cargo height, like one of three Genesis Tonneaus that roll up. The covers roll into position just behind the cab of the truck, allowing you to expose and use the entire cargo area when needed, and easily recover the bed when you’re done.
* Does your usual cargo consist of smaller, more fragile loads like groceries? A hinged tonneau that flips up with the assistance of gas struts may better suit your needs. The hinged tonneau permits easy, fast, one-handed opening and closing action.
* Will you need to remove the tonneau frequently, quickly and easily? Then a Genesis Tri-fold, which secures with easy-to-use clamps and a quick-release, cam-action design may be right for you. The cover stores quickly and securely in its open position with buckle-style closure straps. Or, you can quickly remove the entire cover for full access to the cargo bed.
* Will your tonneau need to withstand the rigors of a harsh climate? Regular snap covers may require adjustment in extreme temperatures. The Genesis Seal & Peel provides a perfect, no-adjustment-needed fit in extreme climates.
* Do you plan to install the tonneau yourself? Choose a tonneau that requires no special tools or skills to install. Lund tonneaus install easily in 20 minutes or less with no need to drill.
All Lund tonneaus are made with rugged black fabric that is tear and weather resistant as well as attractive and functional. Bows and rails are constructed of tough, black powder-coated lightweight aluminum. To learn more about tonneaus and which one is right for your truck and lifestyle, visit www.lundinternational.com.