* Lessees don't have to worry about owning a depreciating asset.
* Drivers don't have to deal with hefty maintenance bills.
* With a car in good condition, under the mileage limit, lessees can simply return the car.
* In a time of high interest rates, a lease may offer lower monthly payments, especially with good credit.
* Consumers can enjoy purchasing flexibility - after a lease term, pick out another car. It's like a three- or four-year test drive.
* Lessees will always have the latest safety and technology innovations on the road.
* Lease plans are rarely 60-month terms - this is common with finance periods.
* Many consumers can drive away with the latest model, even a luxury car, with less cash upfront.
* If you're self-employed, you can write off your leasing payment as a business expense.
If you decide to buy rather than lease here are the benefits you can expect:
* Steady repayment can build equity.
* You avoid the repetitive cycle of renegotiating short term leases.
* You can bask in the comfort of driving a car - your car - without the restrictions of a short term lease.
* There is an end to your monthly car payments - leasing offers no such relief.
* Financing a car means never having to worry about mileage limits.
* Future car owners can also worry less about wear-and-tear.
* At the dealership, shoppers looking to finance will enjoy large cash rebates and low-interest financing.
For help making a decision about which route to take, log on to www.harborcredit.com to get free quotes from lenders in your area.