• The customer calls to report a claim at any time of the day or night and brings the vehicle to a specially designed service center.
• In about 15 minutes, the customer is in a rental car, if needed, with the assurance that the company will update the status of his or her claim.
• A claims representative prepares a repair estimate and contacts an auto body shop that has met strict quality requirements. The insurance company and the shop reach agreement on the cost of the repairs; the shop transports the vehicle back to the facility and the repair process begins.
• When the work is finished, the vehicle is returned to the service center where representatives from the insurance company and the body shop inspect the quality of repairs.
• Once the insurance company is satisfied with the repairs, the customer is called to schedule a pickup. Repairs are inspected and the customer drives off with a written document, saying that the repair facility and the insurance company guarantee the repairs for as long as the customer owns the vehicle.
Progressive has 25 Claims Service Centers open and plans to open 50 more sites across the country over the next few years. For more information, visit www.progressive.com. A one-stop claims service can help save drivers valuable time after an accident.