• Cover All Gaps-Having gaps in auto insurance coverage can cost you money. The insurance industry correlates gaps in coverage with a higher risk of accidents-even if the gap is just one day. That correlation can drive up your insurance rates.
• Shop Around-It's a good idea to compare the rates of several different companies before deciding on an insurer. Shop around every six months to find the best deals.
• Credit Counts-Paying your bills on time may help lower your auto insurance costs. Companies often use credit-based insurance scores to determine a driver's risk factor.
• Get Informed-Your vehicle's safety equipment, crash test rating and repair/replacement costs all help determine your auto insurance rate.
• Save Time-Buying directly from writers such as Esurance may help you save money because it cuts out the middle- man. Also, getting insurance from online direct writers typically means you won't have to wait for your agent's office to open to report a claim, make a policy change or get an extra insurance card.
• Web Watch-An interactive Coverage Counselor tool is available at www.esurance.com. The site also provides users with personal coverage recommendations.
Shop for auto insurance online from sites like www.esurance. com. Esurance saves you time and money by cutting out the middleman.