Some popular sites include:
When searching online for free quotes for car insurance, keep in mind that you'll need to provide some, if not all, of the following information:
1. Your car's make and model
2. Your home address
3. How many miles you commute to and from work
4. The ages and names of other drivers living in your household
5. Possibly your health insurance information
6. If and how many points are on your driving record
7. How many tickets and accidents you've had in the past three to seven years.
Of course you don't need to rely on the internet alone for free quotes for car insurance. You can use a local search to find nearby insurance companies and simply call them up for a quote.
Most companies will take your information and get right back with you regarding your cost and down payment amount. Some even have their own websites that will provide free quotes for car insurance; you simply enter in this same information and a sales representative will call you with your quote.
Most of course prefer the online option, as it can take quite some time talking to a real person over the phone to get those free quotes for car insurance; considering the interruptions and the time it takes to go through their process, the online quote process is usually much easier to deal with.