From simple power display systems with manual control to completely automated testing solutions, there is an electronic motor testing system to meet your testing requirements.
- Eddy current dynamometers: harness the magnetic flux between fixed and rotating electromagnets spun by the engine under test.
- Powder dynamometers: create flux through the application of a fine magnetic powder between the rotor and coil.
- Electric Motor Testing Systems: Electric Motor Testing Systems are designed to provide maximum reliability, excellent durability and performance; available for testing electric motors from 5 to 4,250 hp.
- Fan, hydraulic and water brakes: use air, water or hydraulic fluid to provide an indication of the power applied to the system
Chassis dynamometers serve to quickly identify service issues such as low horsepower, overheating, emissions compliance and speedometer accuracy. Once identified and repaired, the chassis dynamometer will verify the problem is corrected and can be used to perform engine break-in after rebuild.
- Exhaust Systems
- Guard Rail Stone
- Guard Wheel
- Chocks Cooling Fan
- Calibration Weights
Engine Dynamometers - The Complete Diagnostic System
Engine dynamometers offer the most innovative engine diagnostic tools today, supplying solutions to troubleshoot problems such as low horsepower, insufficient torque, and leaks.
Engine dynamometers are also capable of indicating and verifying:
- Repair is complete
- Engine is operating according to specifications
- Ready to break-in engines before installation
Engine dynamometer product lines include: Water Brake Style Engine Dynamometers, Portable Dynamometers, Eddy Current Dynamometers, and AC Dynamometers.
From light passenger cars to heavy commercial truck vehicles, power is transmitted through a drive shaft to a two speed transfer case with a neutral clutch. Four electric brake retarders are attached to the output shaft of the transfer case which is controlled by in-cab instrumentation inside of the testing environment. Power on the retarders is converted into a DC voltage through the power controllers located in the control cabinet.
Water Recirculating System
It can be used with any style engine dynamometer or chassis dynamometer. One system can serve several engine dynamometer or chassis dynamometer systems if sufficient capacity is designed into the system. Water Recirculating Systems are custom engineered for moderate to high volume engine dynamometer or chassis dynamometer users, and require a below grade sump or an above ground tank.
Benefits of Using a Water Recirculating System with your Dynamometer:
- Reduced dynamometer operating costs through water conservation
- Reduced dynamometer maintenance costs with controlled, high-quality water supply
- Easier clean-up: materials discharged by evaporation as opposed to drainage
- Ensure proper dynamometer performance by maintaining water pressure, volume, and cooling