Some tips to ensure your next tailgate is a hit:
• Pack your gear the night before the tailgate. Save yourself from the last-minute run-around and the headache of forgetting the grill! You can also leave nonperishable items packed and ready to go between races. Keep paper towels, plastic forks, paper plates, bottle openers and a portable radio to listen to the prerace coverage so you won't forget them when it is time to go.
• You can never bring enough food. Remember that a tailgate is a social affair. You never know when the folks at the site beside yours will end up joining in your fun. And it's not just about the food on the grill-don't forget the all-important side dishes!
• Fly a flag from your RV or at the tailgating site to help your group find its way back to the site. Consider making your own flag to show team spirit and set your site apart from your neighbors'.
• Keep tailgates hassle-free by bringing disposable and multiuse items, such as Sparkle® Paper Towels. Also bring extra resealable plastic bags to hold leftover food. Trash bags are a perennial favorite for both their intended purpose or to use as a rain poncho during the unexpected rain shower.
• Bring along a few damp paper towels in a plastic bag to wipe grimy hands and to clean the setup area. With great food and outdoor eating, you can never have enough paper towels for cleanup.
• Don't forget the ice! Not only does ice help to keep food fresh for the trip, but it's also vital to keep everyone's beverage nice and cool.
For more tailgating tips, visit sparkletowels.com.