“We feel so strongly about safety, Arctic Cat offers special incentives to teach ATV riding skills or to reinforce current riding skills,” says Wainer. First-time purchasers without any previous ATV riding experience will receive a $100 coupon from Arctic Cat after completing the training course (U.S. owners only, one incentive). Arctic Cat provides free rider training courses to appropriate immediate family members for each ATV purchase. Others can take the training course for a small fee. See an authorized Arctic Cat ATV dealer for details or call (800) 887-2887 for training course information.
The ATV Safety Institute offers these recommendations to help kids stay safe:
* Only ride an ATV that is specifically designed for your age group. A 70cc machine that reaches a maximum speed of 10 miles per hour is appropriate for kids ages six to 11. Kids between the ages of 12 and 15 are capable of handling a 90cc machine which goes a maxium of 30 miles per hour. Kids 16 and older can ride machines over 90cc if local regulations allow it.
Arctic Cat’s most popular youth models are the 90cc four-stroke DVX and 4x2 Youth platform machines for riders 12 and older. Both are clean, quiet and reliable, and loaded with safety features, including a standard brake light for added safety when being followed, bright orange whip flags for added visibility, and parent controlled throttle/speed limiters that enable speed outputs to be adjusted for the child’s skill level.
* Never operate an ATV without parental supervision.
* Never operate an ATV without an approved motorcycle helmet, eye protection, boots, gloves, long pants, and a long sleeve shirt or jacket. These also make great holiday gifts.
* Never carry a passenger or ride as a passenger on an ATV. Extra weight may upset the balance of the ATV causing it to go out of control.
* Never ride on a paved surface. If you get into an accident, you’re more likely to get hurt.
* Take a training course.
For more information on Arctic Cat ATV’s and safety equipment, log on to www.arcticcat.com or visit your local dealer.