The vehicle has front and rear suspensions that make travel over rough terrain a breeze and automatic transmission with low, high, neutral and reverse gears. Other standard features include giving users the ability to easily toggle between 2-and-4-wheel drive and an 8 gallon fuel tank that makes extended use possible. The vehicle has a towing capacity of 1,250 pounds, a rear dump box that can hold up to 600 pounds worth of tools and brush and a storage area up front that can handle 25 additional pounds or double as an ice chest.
“The best thing about this vehicle is that it offers versatility while at the same time giving users a comfortable, fun UTV experience,” says Wainer. The cab features dual bucket seats, beverage holders and a glove box. The vehicle can either retain its open air canopy or be retrofitted with a hardtop cab enclosure with automotive-style doors for the winter elements. To learn more about Arctic Cat’s Prowler XT 650, log on to www.arcticcat.com/atvs/ and click on “MULTIRIDER.”
Once you pick out a utility vehicle, you can turn your attention to the work you need to complete before winter sets in. Here’s a checklist of tasks you’ll want to prioritize in the yard:
If you live in a cool climate
* Spread winter mulch over trees and shrubs.
* Fertilize young trees and shrubs that have been in the ground for at least a year. No need to fertilize established trees and shrubs if they are mulched.
* Plant new spring blooming bulbs and perennials.
* Dig up tender bulbs, wrap them in moist material and store in a cool, dark space.
If you live in a warm climate
* Clean up perennial beds and borders.
* Weed all areas that are not mulched.
* Cut down dead flowers, dig up and remove diseased plants.
* Prune injured branches from trees and shrubs.
* Water citrus and avocado trees to prevent fruit from splitting.
Fall is also a great time to fertilize the lawn one more time, aerate it, and pick up any twigs, leaves and other debris still left on the ground. You’ll be glad you took the time to do it when spring arrives and you have the best looking yard on the block. Courtesy of ARA Content