No matter your sport, our active Canadian summers can wreak havoc on your paint and acrylic finishes. Experts don't hesitate to tell us the truth:
1. Every car and boat will get scratched, no matter how hard you try to avoid it.
2. The most common way to scratch your car is by doing it yourself with cheap soaps or detergents that don't properly lift dirt.
3. Professional repair could cost anywhere from $200 - $1200 or more.
4. Scratches will instantly devalue your vehicle or boat, which will cause you to lose money on the future sale (or a lease return of a car).
5. Most scratch removers just cover up or temporarily clean scratches and do not work on scratches deep enough to feel with your fingernail.
Ugly scratches are unavoidable over time, but that doesn't mean you have to live with them. Expert detailers agree that by following a few easy steps, you can minimize scratches and easily fix the ones you already have.
1. Examine the paint surface frequently.
2. Use only high quality products. Avoid using dish soap, which can only aggravate and cause scratches.
3. Innovation brings us permanent fixes, too, like products from Quixx. Autos will benefit from the High Performance Paint Scratch Remover. Boat surfaces respond especially well to the Headlight Lens Restoration Kit.
Products are now in stores like Canadian Tire and PartSource, or more information on this topic is online at www.quixx-usa.com.